Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lugging Laptop Not Cool--Need iPad2

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I've been debating about getting an iPad since the first one came out. After my mega-trip across America for almost 2.5 weeks, I've decided that I must have one. I love my Mac but hoisting it into and out of the overhead bins of innumerable planes and having many, many nice tall people ask me if I need help, has convinced me that I need to get this small device that will make my life more pleasant.

My husband and I went naively down to Kahala Mall to pick up an iPad2 one evening but were told that they were all sold out and that we'd have to show up when the store opened up and wait in line to get whatever was shipped to them that day. Oh my! I also heard the same was true of the UHM Bookstore which opened at 7:30 a.m.

So, I opted to buy directly from Apple and wait for three weeks. The cool thing about the whole experience was that I finally got to meet Rachel, our classmate and she gave my husband and me an in-person tutorial of all the cool things we could do on the iPad2. (I don't think my husband was really convinced but after the tutorial, he was.)

I've been counting the days. Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment