Sunday, March 13, 2011

Using ETEC to Follow Tragedy in Japan

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Perhaps your family was like my family, touched in innumerable ways by the earthquake and tsunami Japan? My sister-in-law's sister and husband were on an airplane to Japan with her mother who is a Japanese national during the time of the quake and tsunami. Someone takes Umetsu grandma to Japan each year to visit her sister. I don't know yet know how everyone is faring but I am sending prayers.

Were you like me? Glued to the tv and the internet on Friday? I bounced between tv stations and internet sites, watched YouTube videos, caught Twitter feeds. My son and daughter from Seattle texted me to find out if everything was okay here. We texted back to find out if they were okay too.

It was amazing to me the quality of the video that many ireporters captured using their iPhones during the earthquake and tsunami. The amount of information that could be gleaned from these ireports kept me thinking about the many people who must be suffering. Again, sending many prayers. It is unbelievable that there is no water or food in Tokyo.

I was in Waikiki last night and I wondered as I watched the many Japanese tourists here how they must feel about their fellow countrymen and women. And their country and the hard work ahead of them.

I feel exhausted today with information overload. The ubiquitous availability of video and ireports does not lessen the emotional toll of watching tragedy unfold.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment